April 16, 2016

We made it to the airport and have an hour + to kill before we board, so I can catch up.

The alarm went off @ 6:30 and I snoozed once. Despite that, both Beast & I were showered & totally pack[ed] before 7:15. Our last breakfast in the Windjammer (technically, the Island Grill). More porridge & they had biscuits & gravy today - woot! We sat & ate watching the people on the Celebrity ship docked behind us. Or maybe they were watching us eat breakfast.

Back to the room for final load up and then down to our mustering location, Studio B, a.k.a. the ice rink (why not, on a cruise ship in the Caribbean, right?).

Only sat there maybe 10 minutes before they called our group number and we climbed the atrium steps (?) to level 4 (with luggage-wtf) and wound around behind and through the strbd elevators ... and stopped. For half an hour. Apparently Customs & Immigration [was] slow, and the place was full. At least we were inside in A/C though. Eventually, they opened the line back up & we traipsed into the hanger & Beast went for a our bag while I got in line. Once I got in the right line - I was in the Super Special one to start - it took maybe 15 minute to get to Passport Control & through.

Beast was concerned when he realized this morning that he had packed our passports in the big suitcase last night in the back  pocket of his dinner slacks. Found 'em right away while we were in the indoor line though. And then he called Millie, his angel from last week who was waiting in her cab to take us to the airport. She's a pistol! Beast gave her the gift we bought her and she gave me a big hug, and her business card.

The airport was the usual mayhem, airport style. Before getting in the airline checkin line, we had to find the USDA check. Even with my open bag of cashews [purchased in the airport before I left] we zipped through that & went & stood in the priority checkin line to get our bag on the plane. Because Beast has TSA pre-check, they let me go through with him, but then we got hung up at Security while they checked his bipap bag & our Nooks & my shoes (which I didn't even have to [take] off in the first place--found that out after they we[re] already in a bin). No clue.

Stop[ped] in the concourse for lunch @ a tapas espaƱol place. Expensive and not all that fab, but enough to get us home.

Found our gate, where the previous flight was prepping to board so there were loads of chairs. Each of us has hit the restroom, so now we sit & wait for the incoming plane, due in 10 minutes. Then emptying those passengers & cleaning -- we should start boarding in less than 45 minutes. In theory.

No comments: